Waypoint is the charter company established in 1994. In the picturesque small old town Rovinj, in North Adriatic, just 50 km from Italy. We began with small base which gathered six boats. As the time went by, following wishes of our loyal clients and market demands, we decided to expand on Middle Adriatic. Trogir – small ancient town, also called “Little Venice”, under protection of UNESCO, was perfect place to settle new base. Doing our best to give high-quality service, we decided to provide our client insight also in beauties of Southern part of Adriatic. That is why base in Dubrovnik was covered.
For few years that was enough, but, as we expanded our fleet every year, having more and more clients from all over the world, even better organisation was needed. During season 2006. Waypoint headquarters decided to establish central head office in Split which will do all management. Head office in Split was guiding five operating branches that were connecting all Adriatic coast: from NW Rovinj, along the coast, through Zadar and Trogir to the Southernmost town of Croatian Adriatic part, worldwide well known historical town – Dubrovnik.
In time, middle and south Adriatic themselves became very popular sailing destinations, and, because of the increased volume of work, in 2010. we have decided to divide our company by regions. Our dear colleagues from Rovinj and Pula specializied themselves for the North Adriatic, and we, as Waypoint d.o.o. specialized ourselves for the middle and south Adriatic, that is for the area from Trogir to Dubrovnik, with central office in Split.
Our fleets in Trogir and Dubrovnik were enlarged from year to year: in 2015. they counted 31 boat in Trogir and 12 boats in Dubrovnik. As our main goal is to provide our clients quality and good service, every year we are investing in maintenance of our boats and providing new services that correspond to our clients’ needs. Also, in order to maintain our fleet young, modern and attractive, every year we are getting several brand new boats in our fleet.
Our strongest trumps are:
– With our bases in Trogir and Dubrovnik and one way option to connect these two bases we cover whole middle and south part of the croatian Adriatic coast
– All of our boats based in Dubrovnik (and some boats from Trogir) have permissions for sailing to Montenegro which extends our sailing area to this very popular sailing destination.
– Wide range of sailing boats (Bavaria, Dufour, Jeanneau, Beneteau, Oceanis, Elan) and catamarans (Lagoon, Privilege, Nautitech)
– Large fleet of cca. 45 sailing boats and catamarans in range of 32-53 feet which is expanded every year with new models
– Special charter equipment installed on all yachts that enables: highest standards – quality – safety
– good average age of our boats
– variety of sailing routes
– staff with charter experiences in the major US and European charter companies fully capable to provide top service
– 24-hours technical support in case of possible problems during cruising and
– Last, but not least are attractive prices and last minute offers during season.
Waypoint is highly professional and modern organized charter company, which can also provide number of additional services, such as:
– Transfers to/and from our bases to the airport
– Transfers between our bases
– Skipper service, hostess and cook
– Provisioning service (food list order)
– Chart briefing
– Guest guide booklet with all necessary information and links which provides familiarizing with the area
– Early check-in for the clients that are willing to have their check-in earlier on Saturday and get more time for sailing.